Monday, October 17, 2005

would you be happier?

Have you ever wonder where the story ends,
and how it all began, I do
Did you ever dream you were the movie star
with popcorn in your hand, I did
Do you ever think you're someone else inside,
when no one understands you are
And wanna disappear inside a dream
but never wanna wake, wake uuuuuup
Then you stumble on tomorrow, and trip over today

(Chorus)
Would you be happier if you were someone together
Would the sun shine brighter if you played a bigger part
Would you be wonderful if it wasn't for the weather
You're gonna be just fine (gonna be just fine)

Are you not afraid to tell your story now



, when everyone is done it's too late
Was everything you've ever said or



done not the way you planned, mistaaaake
So you promised that tomorrow, be different than today

(Chorus)
Would you be happier if you were someone together
Would the sun shine brighter if you played a bigger part
Would you be wonderful if it wasn't for the weather
You're gonna be just fine
I think you're gonna be just fine
You're gonna be just fine
So don't worry baby

You're racing for tomorrow, not finished with today

Don't worry baby
Gonna be just fine
Don't worry honey
Gonna be just fine
Don't worry baby
Gonna be just fiiiiin

I really like this song, I kind of able to relate with the song’s words. Whenever something bad came up or if things did not happen as I planned, I always have the tendency to blame it to other people or to anything, like the weather or the circumstances I’m in. I don’t know why, maybe I’m just too proud to accept that is nobody’s fault except mine. I always wash my hands clean after I commit a crime.
I always have what ifs and could have beens running inside my head. If only I’ve done this and instead of that then, maybe things would be much better or I would be much better. If only I’m like her or him, if only we could exchange personality then, maybe I’d be great! It took me so long to realize that there shouldn’t be any room for regrets. I should be responsible of whatever consequences my actions would lead to. Moreover, I should have first considered the probable outcomes of my actions so I would not have the right to complain and whine over spilled milk.
Complaining and whining I’ve learned would do me no good. Besides, it would only make me more careless and immature. Worst, it could only make me lose whatever little confidence I have in myself. I may become too afraid to try new things and challenges for the fear of failing and losing over again.
When I first hear this song by the Corrs, I’ve come to thinking that maybe I should stop being childish and just take things as it comes. I have to be mature enough to accept that things happen for a reason. I fail not because I’m stupid but because by failing or losing I would be able to learn lessons, lessons that I may not have learned if I have always succeeded, lessons in life which could be very useful for the future. Failures and defeats are bound to happen for a purpose. They are never there just to degrade, weaken and humiliate us, but they are always there for a purpose. They are there to make us a lot stronger and to equip us with great strength for the bigger challenges! And just like what the song says, we’re gonna be just fine! So, why worry? Let’s take things one at a time. We may be moving slowly, but at least we’re doing it surely!
SMILE, life is really good! God bless everyone!

No comments: