Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CLIFF


I’m blindly walking into a cliff...

Unmindful of the things around me, indifferent of those I might step on, uncaring if I stumble, deaf to the voices of those who care, I walked blindly towards the cliff.

Something from the cliff had pulled me. A force that was so strong that I cannot fight even if I try. I’m entangled by its reminiscence, enthralled by its peculiarity and captivated by its possibility.

My mind is full of questions but I cannot afford to think. My sense of thought has escaped me.I cannot fight the urge to see what’s beyond the cliff. I cannot stop myself from feeling this way. I cannot back down amidst all its uncertainties.

Here I am now, standing at the edge of the cliff. I cannot make up my mind.  What now? Should I back out or should I take the plunge and jump? If I did, what’s next? Would I learn to fly and soar up to the sky or would I fall down and just die.
 
Maybe it might not be that painful at all or maybe I’ll survive the jump. Or maybe, just maybe, someone down there is waiting to catch me if I fall.

Then again, maybe I’ll just jump and die.

10/06/08 6:10PM

1 comment:

zai bernardino said...

don't!! maybe u fell, but can still manage to get up!! kaya yan mamee!!